- If smoking more than 24 cigarettes a day
- Free audio CD upon request
- For those who smoke 25 or more cigarettes a day
- Free audio CD upon request. See inside
Made in Sweden
This product is protected in sealed blisters. Do not use if individual blisters or printed backings are broken, open or torn.
- if you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
- before using this product, read the enclosed User’s Guide for complete directions and other important information
- stop smoking completely when you begin using the gum
- if you smoke less than 25 cigarettes a day: use 2mg nicotine gum
- if you smoke 25 or more cigarettes a day: use according to the following 12 week schedule:
- Week 1 to 6 — 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours
- Weeks 7 to 9 — 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours
- Weeks 10 to 12 — 1 piece every 4 to 8 hour
- nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results
- chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns.
- repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes)
- do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece
- to improve your chances of quitting, use least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks
- if you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.
- do not use more than 24 pieces a day
- It is important to complete treatment. Stop using the nicotine gum at the end of 12 weeks. If you still feel the need to use nicotine gum, talk to your doctor.
- each piece contains: calcium 117mg, sodium 13mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- protect from light
© 2005 GlaxoSmithKline